Mandatory Department Application
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in applying to the University of Florida’s Master of Science in Microbiology & Cell Science with a concentration in Medical Microbiology and Biochemistry.
Complete the UF Graduate Application form.
When submitting the application, please note:
- When filling out the Degree Programs section of the application, under the Program of Study, please choose your program carefully.
Select: Microbiology & Cell Science-AG-Distance Ed.
- Follow all of the instructions carefully and complete all sections.
- The $30 application fee can be paid with the submission of the online application.
- Although we consider the overall and upper-division GPA for all applicants, the upper-division GPA must be reported on the UF Graduate Application. Use this to calculate your upper-division GPA.
- A CV and a statement of purpose are not required. However, if you would like to submit for our review, please upload these documents to the application.
- Letters of recommendation are not required. However, if you would like to submit for our review, use the application’s Recommendations section to request letters of recommendation via email OR upload your letters of recommendation in the Education and Activities section under Upload Other. If you are unable to submit your letters of recommendation using either of these methods, contact us for further instructions.
Transcripts can be sent via post or electronically. Request official, original transcripts from every school that you reported on the UF Graduate Application in Step 2.
Send transcripts via post to the following address:
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall – PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
Send electronic transcripts directly FROM the institution TO the UF Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
The institution must use one of the following verified companies to submit transcripts or the transcripts cannot be considered valid and official:
Parchment, Faster, National Student Clearinghouse, Transcripts Plus, Credential Solutions, or E-script/Scrip-Safe.
If one of these companies cannot be used transcripts must be sent via post.
Former UF students who haven’t attended any school after UF do not need to request transcripts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if this applies to you.
If you are a current UF undergraduate student, we cannot process your application until your degree is conferred on your UF transcript.
The GRE Requirement: For All (Domestic and International) Applicants
- We require only the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE to be taken and reported. Please see score requirements below.
- Once you’ve taken the GRE, the scores can take up to six weeks to arrive and be processed within the Office of Admissions. Please take this into account when you schedule your GRE. We recommend taking the exam no later than the early application deadline for the term you are applying to.
- If you have earned a graduate or professional degree from an accredited university in the United States, you are exempt from this requirement and do not need to submit GRE scores.
- If you are earning a graduate-level degree but will not have it completed by the application deadline for the term you applied for, you are not exempt from the GRE.
Having the GRE sent to the University of Florida
All applicants must have ETS (Educational Testing Service) send their official GRE test scores directly to the UF Office of Admissions at code 5812.
- Only official, sealed scores, direct from ETS (Education Testing Service), are acceptable. Self-reported scores, unsealed copies of score reports, or photocopies of score reports cannot be accepted as official final documents.
- Once you’ve taken the exam and/or had your scores sent, please allow up to 6 weeks for them to arrive and be processed within the Office of Admissions.
- GRE scores remain active for 5 years. If you have not taken the GRE within this 5-year time limit, you must retake it.
- Students who have earned a graduate or professional degree from an accredited university in the United States are exempt.
The English Language Skill Requirements for Admission: International Applicants Only
- If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor’s degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council approved English language skills test scores.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the graduate school’s list of English speaking countries.
Having the TOEFL or English Language Test sent to the University of Florida
All applicants must have ETS (Educational Testing Service) send their official TOEFL test scores directly to the UF Office of Admissions at code 5812.
Only official, sealed scores, direct from ETS (Education Testing Service), are acceptable. Self-reported scores, unsealed copies of score reports, or photocopies of score reports cannot be accepted as official final documents.
Minimum Scores Required
To be considered for the master’s degree, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
|TOEFL Exam Type||Required Score|
Note: If you are not in the Gainesville area, you can disregard the email you will receive about immunization requirements. You will be exempt from having to provide proof of immunization.
Master’s Degree Application Completion Notification
Please fill out the form below to confirm you have completed all of the steps in the application process for the University of Florida’s Master of Science in Microbiology & Cell Science with a concentration in Medical Microbiology and Biochemistry.