The online master’s degree in microbiology & cell science with a concentration in medical microbiology and biochemistry prepares students for a future in medical and science-based fields. Students will acquire in-depth knowledge in microbiology and cell science to prepare for professional post-graduate programs like medical, dental, and veterinary schools.
Master's Degree Benefits
- Completely online, interactive courses
- Earn a degree in as little as two years
- Introductory track that empowers students to transition into the program
- Prepares graduates for careers in government, research, and teaching in microbiology, cell biology, cellular biochemistry, and molecular genetics
Earning a Master’s Degree Online
As a working professional, the program provides flexibility to work within busy schedules at your own pace. Completing a master’s degree in microbiology online is a fast and convenient way to pursue education and career goals. Campus visits and laboratory times are not required.
Non-Degree Seeking Student
Students who are not ready to pursue a master’s degree can enroll in graduate courses as a non-degree seeking student. This is an excellent way to strengthen skills in a specific topic and ease into the online graduate learning experience. Non-degree seeking students will also have the option to transfer credits to the graduate certificate later, if admitted and if a grade of “B” or higher is earned.
What you should know when enrolling as a non-degree seeking student:
- Students enrolled in courses within the microbiology graduate program may take up to 7 credit hours as a non-degree seeking student.
- Courses are conducted entirely online and can be completed at your own pace.
- Non-degree seeking students can choose a course in a variety of topics including fundamentals in bioformatics, microbiology and immunology, infectious diseases, and more.
- Being a non-degree seeking student does not guarantee acceptance into the master’s degree program.
Master’s Degree Admission Requirements
The minimum requirements to apply to the program as a master’s degree student are:
- A prior bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution
- An upper-division GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Acceptable GRE scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose
Non-Degree Admission Requirements
The minimum requirements to apply to the program as a non-degree seeking student are:
- A bachelor’s degree in science from a regionally accredited institution
- 2.0 upper-division GPA
For more information about requirements, exceptions, and applying with a non-U.S. degree, visit the admissions page.
Microbiology Tuition Information
UF’s Microbiology graduate program offers competitive in-state tuition for all students, regardless of location.
Application Fee: $35
Cost per Credit Hour: $535 plus fees*
Credits Required for Master’s Degree:30
Total Master’s Degree Tuitionn: $16,050 plus fees
For more information about the costs of attendance and financial aid, visit the tuition page.