The University of Florida’s online Master of Science in Microbiology & Cell Science with a concentration in Medical Microbiology and Biochemistry is a versatile master’s degree. As jobs in STEM fields grow faster than the national average, our students have many exciting career opportunities. This includes working in a variety of fields such as pharmaceutical companies, government organizations, and agriculture. This degree also prepares students for medical, dental, or veterinary school.
Minimum admission requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (in the sciences)
- 3.0 Overall GPA, and 3.0 Upper Division GPA (Rules on calculating GPA)
- Preferred undergraduate courses for applicants:
- Organic Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- GRE examination with a minimum score of 300 -If you have earned a graduate or professional degree from an accredited university in the U.S., you are exempt from this requirement and do not need to submit GRE scores
- Students without a preferred science background are welcome to apply and will be reviewed on a case by case basis for admission. Relevant professional experience may substitute for academic coursework.