Menu UF Health Home Menu

Non-Degree Courses in Microbiology

  • Why enroll as a non-degree seeking student?

    If you are interested in a particular subject or want to explore online learning with UF before committing to a master’s degree, enrolling as a non-degree seeking student will allow you to experience the program and gain valuable knowledge.

    What are the admission requirements?

    The following are the minimum requirements to become a non-degree seeking student:

    • A bachelor’s degree in a science subject from a regionally accredited institution.
    • An upper-division GPA of 2.0 or better
    • English language skill requirements (international students only)

    If you do not have a bachelor’s degree in a science subject or would like more information about admission requirements, please visit the admissions page.

    How many credits are available?

    You may take up to 7 credits as a non-degree seeking student per semester. A new non-degree application is required for each new term. There is no application fee for non-degree seeking students.

    To transfer up to 7 credits to the master’s degree in microbiology & cell science, you must be admitted to the master’s degree program and earn a grade of “B” or higher in the course(s) (“B-” or less will not transfer). Being a non-degree seeking student does not guarantee acceptance into the master’s degree program.

    How much will it cost?

    Tuition is $535 per credit hour, plus fees. Some courses may require textbooks.

    At a Glance